Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Many months later, I got my hands on a GFX 50S. Will write a more detailed review of my impressions about the body, lenses and the whole system and I probably need another round of test and a few night's of sleep to reach a proper conclusion but here are some facts:

-Sensor is definitely impressive. I'm not sure how much better than a modern high resolution 35mm sensor but it certainly is an impressive sensor.

-While everyone can discuss the sensor metrics, lenses are simply stunning and not enough attention has been paid to that.

-Seriously, I haven't seen anything as impressive as these lenses that I've handled (32-64/4, 63/2.8, 110/2, 120/4 Macro). Incredibly sharp AND yet absolutely beautiful results at the same time. These two don't always go hand in hand, you know.

-I can't say the exact same thing about the build quality of the lenses.

-I still find Fuji's metering very unreliable, underexposing quite often.

-Double hinged rear LCD is a blessing. It would almost be a selling point in itself. I may go ahead and buy a X-T2 just because of this screen hinge.

-Hinged EVF is the best thing to happen to digital camera bodies after going completely mirrorless.

As I've said, I'll write a detailed review with sample photos that I took yesterday. 

Would I buy into the system if I had the money for it, given that the available focal lengths are good for what I shoot? Well, the answer isn't clear yet. But before yesterday, the answer was a definitely not. Today, I'm thinking about it. I may still conclude it's not worth it (yet) but I'm certainly impressed by what I saw.

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by obican - 10-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM