Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
toni, talking about judging things you never had in hands nor made a single picture with it, doesn't do you or anybody else a favor.

As long as there's not sports, no very low light with AF challenges involved, the GFX might be a tad slower to AF, but it's AF points reach everywhere throughout the frame - and it is more precise with every lens.

Although I said I was surprised how well most lenses focused with D850, I still had to waste some time with the internal AF adjustment. For example the 300/4 OF E was -16, with converter +6. Things like that are just nothing to complain about on the GFX 50 and that's a big nothing!

The highly flexible EVF finder is a speciality you will never find in a DSLR, no matter how much money you could spend.

Choice of lenses: You who is so in love with a 17-55 that he dedicates several threads on that  Wink would not miss much. And for sports, action, birds, a smaller sensor is an advantage simply because of a longer tele reach. That was never the strong side of medium or large formats, so the GFX 50 doesn't shine in tele or ultrawide, but in studios it will. I don't expect to see these cameras in the wild more often than just rarely.

The D850 is so much heavier gear, more versatile, yet no advantage in size, that if one day Fuji comes out with a 4500.- body with some improved features and others staying the same, more buyers than today could do the jump towards bigger size sensors. Fuji's representatives always said they're making their lenses to be sufficient to double MP count. We'll see if they were successful if that happens.

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by JJ_SO - 10-08-2017, 08:09 AM