Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Often, discussions about the merits of system A vs system B remind me of wine tasting. Pure subjectivity with a lot of placebo effect.

A lot has to do with people's own convictions about things (e.g. sensor size, color reproduction, brand, particular lens used, coating, etc. - insert whatever subjective metric here).

Sure, some parameters are quantifiable and measurable, but most of the time it's purely subjective and I'm sure than no one would be able to accurately pinpoint photos shot with say system A vs other systems in a blind test.

I believe that under most circumstances, people wouldn't be able to tell images from MFT, APS-C, FF and medium format (as in Fuji GFX) apart. Maybe for a few shots here and there, but I highly doubt it would be significant.

It reminds me of this article on lensrentals' blog:

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2016/02...ny-a7r-ii/

--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by thxbb12 - 10-09-2017, 02:44 PM