Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview
Well, still, just guessing, but I am thinking more about the color transition quality, and the contrast.  I really don't ever shoot wide open except in poorly lit situations.  I seldom find wide open is sufficiently sharp and contrasty.  I just meant that some types of photos should be easy.  A photo of something complex and fairly close with slightly low light available, and a slightly variable light.  The lighting seems sufficient in terms of exposure, but my APS-C cameras just can't deal with the dynamic range, whereas my FF can.  It is the same lens, and the same image processor (more or less, I'd have to check.  I think the aps-c may even have a newer image processor).  The larger pixels.  I am seeing how that effects the cameras ability to do fine color transitions. 

And yet...you need resolution as well.   At some point this means a physically larger sensor. 

It is sort of a sad confession, but I really like large aperture lenses, simply because they work better better at the apertures that I use.  I would not expect to guess what a photos aperture is by looking at it.  But you can tell if you are impressed or disappointed!  We all have different tastes anyways.  But medium format cameras seem extremely capable for shooting portraits, and things like that.  It would be fun to have to struggle less with portraits.  Some say they are easy.  Well...I don't!

Messages In This Thread
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by davidmanze - 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 03-23-2017, 11:36 AM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Guest - 10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Thinking about buying the GFX? Article by DpReview - by Arthur Macmillan - 10-10-2017, 12:31 AM