Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sigma lens history: the first 50 years
The dark ages I think can best be summed up by the noisy AF and lack of optical image stabilization.  If you were a Canon user, no third party lens could compare with Canon's Ring USM, and IS.  Now there is a large contingent saying that the Art lenses are both better and much less expensive than Canon's L lenses. 

For now I have to be content with reading what other people think about them.  But at least there is real hope for professional quality at a price that could be tolerated maybe once or twice.  I'm actually watching with great interest.  I've thought for years, why are primes so expensive when they are so simple compared to zooms.  The answer is pretty simple.  If you say people want zooms and charge outrageous prices for primes, you will never have your premise questioned.  This Sigma option might prove that people will shoot with primes if they are priced more in line with what they cost to manufacture.

Messages In This Thread
The Sigma lens history: the first 50 years - by Arthur Macmillan - 03-06-2017, 05:10 AM
The Sigma lens history: the first 50 years - by davidmanze - 03-06-2017, 08:05 PM
The Sigma lens history: the first 50 years - by davidmanze - 03-06-2017, 09:59 PM
The Sigma lens history: the first 50 years - by miro - 03-10-2017, 11:01 AM