Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a light 17-20mm MF lens (to be adapted to EOS)
Hi Rainer,

You could consider an Olympus Zuiko 21 F/3.5 if you can find one. This may well be an option. In the US it has cult status, but not so over here in Europe (yet).

Having owned a couple of Zuikos until fairly recently, I must say they are quite good. Just the manual everything got to me in the end, so I did away with them, not very long ago actually. However, if necessary, if you are interested, and 28 mm is enough, I can probably get that one back (28 F/3.5). It is supposed to be quite good too, but not very wide at all of course.

Then there is the K-mpunt SMC 20 F/4, or the later version, theSMC-M 20 F/3.5, again, if you can find any. I used to own the older version, when i was still shooting Pentax, a long time ago, and I can remember that it wasn't all that great in the corners, but the F/3.5 version was supposed to be a bit better.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a light 17-20mm MF lens (to be adapted to EOS) - by wim - 07-11-2010, 12:46 AM