Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens
Cannot answer your question (though I read an interesting opinion that canon 70-200f4 produced better images than the 70-200f4 is even though it has lower resolution; something abuot the 'cream' on colour and how digital is more telecentric destroying this aspect of lenses). Your question borders on something that is very personal. Sort of some folks swear by zeiss (and then try to explain the zeiss look in more concrete fashion). I will say I personally was very happy with mamyia 7 and npc or contax slr and fuji reala; so far with digital I've not been able to find an image that makes me very happy but I've only dabble a little.

The answer might be visible in the mtf if you know how to find it but I'm not sure issues related to colour rendering (or separation) is visible in the mtf; and certainly other metrics such as distortion, bokeh and so forth.

To be honest I've not used the 24 tse; or for that matter looked at very many images from that lens. Currently I've been of the opinion that skin tone from the 5dmk2 is too bluish and the alpha 900 with 24-70 seems to have a rather decent look but these comments are based on posted images which is subject to a huge number of variables.

Sorry about the long post; I'm very bad a posting useless answers to very real questions.

Messages In This Thread
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by ragsnoldiron - 06-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by Guest - 06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by toni-a - 06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by Guest - 06-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by ragsnoldiron - 06-05-2010, 03:49 AM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by Guest - 06-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Buyer's remorse and the perfect lens - by ragsnoldiron - 06-11-2010, 02:40 AM