Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax D FA* 50mm f/1.4 - development annoucement
(07-03-2018, 11:02 AM)Kunzite Wrote:
(07-03-2018, 10:13 AM)Rover Wrote: I am/was glad that I never took this route
The waiting game can be pretty tiresome at times. And the countless attacks from bored people with nothing better to do Wink
[quote pid='44807' dateline='1530615757']

So can the dying of old age waiting for stuff to turn up!

(07-03-2018, 07:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Pentax is a brand that played a huge part in my life.........
Irrelevant.

..it's relevant to me and the millions of others who were there supporting the brand many of whom still are.......if you think that is irrelevant, it just shows how little you value the millions of M42 and K mount lenses that Pentax still court great importance to today.....you are the expert on official Pentax marketing.
    Pentax counted on legacy lenses for the K1!

(07-03-2018, 07:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote: The question is what went wrong?
Is this a discussion about Pentax' distant past?
Yes, past present and future!

(07-03-2018, 07:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote: So Kunsite, I don't want to take the "jam" out of your doughnut..... but I do want to see things in perspective, Pentax had it all....the lot!  but they blew it, somebody who was at the helm at that time made a spectacular job of effing up one of the most successful camera companies in the world....."from riches to rags"
I do see things in perspective, better than you I'd say - and it's not your perspective (which is what you really want, right?).
You're talking about things that started happening before Hoya, even before there was a Pentax Corporation. If anything, with products like the D FA* 50mm f/1.4 Ricoh is trying to recapture part of the past glory.

Like on all my school reports..........must do better!

(07-03-2018, 07:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Does anybody understand Pentax's business philosophy?
Yes. It's clearly spelled by the D FA* 50mm f/1.4.

What one standard focal length lens? Good though the lens may be!

(07-03-2018, 07:21 AM)davidmanze Wrote:  .......Pentax has now been bailed out twice..........
No, they weren't even once. Get your history right, please.
They were almost killed by a hostile takeover, though.

We know Hoya wanted the Pentax medical division, but not the camera division, they creamed the best and sold on the rest. Ricoh stepped in.   We will probably never know the ins and outs!
[/quote]
Dave's clichés

Messages In This Thread
Pentax D FA* 50mm f/1.4 - development annoucement - by Guest - 02-24-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Pentax D FA* 50mm f/1.4 - development annoucement - by davidmanze - 07-03-2018, 02:13 PM