Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now?
I have always struggled with heavy equipment, because severe back problems. Although I liked the size of my 40D and 5D. And I alwayss wanted to upgrade to a 6D. But due to the fact I became more limited, I now have a 600D, also because of the articulated screen.

Just last week I bought a 40D again to sell for charity and I was amazed how bulky and heavy it was. It made me wonder if I would ever buy a larger camera again, now I have become so used to the 600D. I own a 24-105mm as well, but it is bulky as well and hence I do not like it.

Even if my back problems would go away, then I don't know if I would buy a 6D or just stick with smaller camera's and lighter lenses.

Quality is important to me, but if I see how much better any Dslr is in comparing to scanned slide film, then I choose for convenience over the best camera or lenses, which are heavier.

Kind regards,

Reinier

Messages In This Thread
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by davidmanze - 02-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by Njom - 02-22-2017, 10:10 AM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by davidmanze - 02-22-2017, 01:30 PM
Big & heavy lenses - is that a thing now? - by Reinier - 02-28-2017, 01:26 PM