Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary
Klaus, it still don't read at Sigma's statement something like "According to their definition, these lenses are targeting the broader market - balancing price and quality" (your words). And since links in the forum are not marked as links (isn't that a kind of security problem?), I just copy and paste what they really say:

Quote:Featuring the very latest technology, and combining optical performance with compactness, our high-performance Contemporary line covers a wide range of needs.

Incorporating the very latest technology in these lenses, SIGMA has solved the difficult problem of keeping size and weight low without compromising on advanced optical performance or utility. High-performance, versatile, compact and superbly portable, the lenses in our Contemporary line can handle landscape shots on your travels, casual snapshots, family pictures, and all sorts of other photo opportunities.

My perception so far was also "Art and Sports = more costly, Contemporary = more affordable". Broader market would mean "standard zooms, maybe at variable apertures" - they have some, but "only" in APS-C size - and in that segment the Sigmas are often better than the standard kits.

Anyway, I only can disagree with your last paragraph in conclusions, but that's wordings... At least on their website you can't interpret their sentence the way you did.

How solid feels the click of the aperture ring? Is it as soft and weak positioning as Fuji's which would mean easily moved accidentally?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report: Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary - by JJ_SO - 09-08-2019, 08:58 AM