Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary
(09-08-2019, 09:39 AM)Klaus Wrote: " ... thereby embodying the Contemporary line’s development concept of “pursuing optimum balance,” ...
( https://sigmaphoto.com.au/products/00ZSGAF45MMF2.8C )

Regarding the aperture ring - in my book, the clicks are very distinct and with the right amount of friction.

BTW, as a side note - it took me a while to find the setting on the X-T30 that activates the aperture control via the front dial. By default it is was off. Strangely, it remained off when marking the dial for aperture control. Instead it was the other way round - setting the aperture to dial control.

The links have a dark blue color, don't they?

4 Fuji guys tried half an hour to find the setting in the X-T2. I don't know how often/long I tried as it would have been helpful to control the aperture of the heavy 100-400 somewhere else than on the lens.

After a while I gave up and thought it's the same like the greyed out IS setting as long as there's no lens with inbuilt IS mounted at the body.

After all, this issue is tackled by Fuji by giving the G(FX) lenses a dedicated C-setting on the aperture ring, which again can't be locked like the dials. I'm under the impression, that Fuji's interface is a result of a lot of separate project managers who don't talk to each other or are not using their product or are, but don't know any other products. It's stupid, in short.

So you decided for the X-T30? congrats!

And the links are in the same or very very near color like the rest of the text.

(09-08-2019, 09:39 AM)Klaus Wrote: " ... thereby embodying the Contemporary line’s development concept of “pursuing optimum balance,” ...
( https://sigmaphoto.com.au/products/00ZSGAF45MMF2.8C ) ....

Ah, now I saw. That's a statement of Sigma Australia.

My link was of Sigma Japan and I don't think the 3 different lines concept was coming originally from Australia. Sorry, I go for the source, not for the creeks...

Oh and the size comparison: I'm sorry but I remain annoyingly pointing out that it's nonsense to "compare" one lens with a hood against two others without, especially if the hood's design makes it only recognizable at second look.

Attached Files
.png   screen-capture-456.png (Size: 32.96 KB / Downloads: 7)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report: Sigma 45mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary - by JJ_SO - 09-08-2019, 11:05 AM