Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon
(01-20-2020, 04:02 AM)Arthur Macmillan Wrote: I thought my comment I made when I "liked" this comment would be added to the thread.  Just for the sake of making my comment available to the forum group as a whole I told JJ_SO that his simple idea, I paraphrase, that he had of cropping to the electronic zoom magnification.  While JJ calls it simple would be a real time saver!

We probably all have very useful and interesting ideas, but instead camera makers are more interested in marketing crap.  Yes, the market decides, but only on the products that make it to market. 

Back to the original topic: I love the Canon RS with 75MP or so idea because I could seriously use that.  I already have enough budget lenses to last me a lifetime.  The question is, can Canon sell a better lens at a tempting price?  That is the only kind I will buy!

[quote pid='49747' dateline='1579254441']

To take it a step further, our confusing cause with effect is the driving force for innovation!
LOL-  You win Dave!  I will take two steps back, and try to realize that all is well now!  I'll put it this way:  I do the best I can with the equipment I have, and the problem of my own screwed up set of priorities!
[/quote]

Hi Arthur ....... I presume you are almost camera-less and that was forcing your hand !......
 .......  I get the cropping thing with 75 Mps ...... but it ends there for me .... super huge files need super fast camera processors ...... a super huge buffer and a super huge computer with super huge hard drives ...... probably all super "huge" expensive .... and for what ?? to be able to crop a 20 Mps image ??
   What is it that we cannot compose our photos appropriately that we have to take in the whole scene just to crop a bit of of it ??....... it goes against the whole thought process of photography in my book. 
  You talk of your interest in wildlife and birding (something which baffles most here Smile ) ...... this is not the home ground of the 75 Mps sensor!
  So I think it's more about choosing your camera body for the work you intend to use it for and luckily they're not so expensive ..... in Canon-land the 7D MKII is proven .... and the new and popular "do it all" the 90D ... although I don't know it's track record for birding ...... and of course an appropriate tele-lens to accompany it .... of which there are now many.

Then there is the "How many notice the difference" scenario !!....

..... having no children I didn't have the worry/guilt of spending their hard earned heritage on a S/H Nikkor 600mm F4  .... to me the lens made all the difference in the world .... however, it clearly did not make any difference to anybody else ...... apart from a couple of comments on Flickr ...... for the most part it passed unperceived Smile  .......
......  the point being is, the most important thing is your photography pleases you ..... if it does that ...... your there !!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124690178@N08/

Messages In This Thread
Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by toni-a - 01-09-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-20-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-16-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: Canon RS plus budget RF lenses soon - by davidmanze - 01-17-2020, 02:32 PM