The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAW converters am I missing something?
Have been regularly following development of RAW converters, downloading every now and then trial versions.

Noticed some that were rather basic have evolved tremendously like Canon DPP, although it's a free software it is being well developed only   thing to complain about is the pointless absence of backward compatibility, why DPP4 doesn't accept old cameras ? why fill light doesn't work on 5D files while it works on 50D files ? Does anyone believe this will drive people to buy new cameras ???

Other RAW converters have always been excellent and are still at the race like ACR and DXO.

however my disappointment came from silkypics, once my favorite and after so many versions, almost nothing has changed, although it is bundled with many camera systems it does seem to need some work to be at the level of the competition, too bad they seem left behind, do you think the "made in japan" label is enough for being competitive ?

Messages In This Thread
RAW converters am I missing something? - by toni-a - 12-25-2016, 07:17 AM