Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the highest quality zoom lenses?
(04-19-2021, 08:40 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Yes, that Nikkor has not been tested yet (Markus' hiatus). So, if we base this lens on PZOL Klaus' preferences it has just one entry: Olympus 12-100mm f4 Pro (a bit meh MFT "superzoom" f8 FF equivalent, which does not really better a Canon RF 24-240mm f4-6.3 IS USM) ;-)

The 24-240 has not been tested here and might not be tested ever, so there's no reason to jump the gun on this one. Smile

(04-19-2021, 01:51 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: These days pretty much all new lenses are good optically.
Here on OL, we're just gear heads and we nitpick about every possible flaw a lens may have.

Guys, can you remember a crappy lens that was released in the last 5 years?

Even the Fuji 16-80 which is known to have poor borders, is probably fine as a landscape lens even for photos blown at 90x60cm.

Let's face it, we're a bunch of old farts lens snobs ;-)

"A crappy lens released in the last 5 years", off the top of my head? Yeah, just barely - the Sony 50/1.8 FE (a 2016 lens?) I don't know when the Samyang FE 50/1.4 was released but it also tested rather poorly. Maybe the Canon RF 24-105 STM is going to take that (straw) crown as well, if the hints Klaus has been dropping are any indication. He's been building suspense like a good movie director, but I'm feeling he's getting it a bit overdrawn already. Smile And of course, I'm pretty sure there's a good amount of turkeys in the stream of low-cost Chinese MF lenses that mostly passes us by. There are also the likes of Meyer-Optik-Gorlitz but I guess these truly are abominations better buried in the dust of time. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are the highest quality zoom lenses? - by Rover - 04-19-2021, 05:31 PM