The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D rendering, flat rendering, colour rendition, Bokeh and Micro-contrast.
Hi guys,

There's been a lot of talk on the forums recently about the flat rendering from multi element complex glass, I've followed the forums with the image examples of how noses are rendered flatter and general reduction in 3D (ness) with modern complex designs.

Micro contrast seems also to be one of the "buzz words" that must be used when describing a lens's characteristics along with colour rendition, what in the end is it's real definition?

I've seen plenty of faults over the years from glass, but most are the more straight forward shortcomings, like soft corners and strong bokeh fringing, distortion and harshness in OOF areas. I'm seeing a lot less in my current glass excepting from the FF AFD series which still has that ninties era of IQ (mainly soft corners, halos and lower contrast wide open)

As for 3D ness, I'm not seeing this issue of different depth renditions that many including "The Angry Photographer" are raving about from... Sigmas, Otuses, and other more exotic designs.(maybe because I've none of them).. Rolleyes

So what are your views, is anyone seeing this phenomenon, or is it just a lot of nonsense?  

(Views from Klaus (when he's back from utopia)  and Marcus would be nice) 

Messages In This Thread
3D rendering, flat rendering, colour rendition, Bokeh and Micro-contrast. - by davidmanze - 10-31-2016, 11:13 AM