Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report - Meike AF 85mm f/1.8 STM
(08-27-2022, 06:22 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(08-25-2022, 09:40 AM)davethebirder Wrote: Good review of a bargain lens .......

...... I think I could accept most of it's shortcomings except that fringing ..... the lone guy standing on the beach shows unacceptable amounts of it.

A bit of a pity .....

just checked the photo, yes it's a pity, however isn't digital correction effective of fringing ?

Well, the times I had to remove this sort of fringing, was by cloning it out .....  purple fringing, albeit blue/purple/green ....... glowing away just like bright lenses did in the old days wide open ....... (isn't it due spherical distortion?)

luckily Klaus highlighted it (pardon the pun) both in text as well as with appropriate images ......... 
 ........ either it's a stop down lens only or you would have be super careful about any sort of back-lighting ...... 

...... a lot to swallow when there are so many other better 85mm F1.8 out there for just a few dollars more .......

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report - Meike AF 85mm f/1.8 STM - by davethebirder - 08-27-2022, 08:48 AM