The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximising OSS hits and bracketing
Since I've been shooting with Sony and OSS (Sony was my first stabilised system) I've been dealing with still subjects using bracketing: 3 shots at ±0.3 EV. I've found that this is really effective for getting sharp images, since sometimes OSS fail. Furthermore bracketing helped me in getting the correct exposure, especially during the first times when I had to get acquainted to the new system. Two reasons for doing a certain thing, I kept on doing that without many questions.

Now I'm dedicating some time to 1) learn new things about my latest cameras, that so far have been underused 2) learn new things about post-processing with Capture One and 3) eventually change some habits.

For instance, with the a6300 and a6600 I've found that zebra, properly configured, is quite effective to get a very good ETTR exposure. So I might change the bracketing habit, and perhaps take three photos with three separate shots leaving exposure unchanged. In your experience, would three separate shots instead of a burst of bracketing be the same for chances of getting sharp shots; better; or worse?

PS Things are more complex than this. In fact I'm evaluating other changes in my habits, for instance using Auto ISO with minimal shutter speed for static objects (never done) and I'm learning more stuff about highlight recovering with Capture One. If you are curious, or you think are relevant for my questions, I'll happily share details.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
Maximising OSS hits and bracketing - by stoppingdown - 09-26-2022, 02:02 PM
RE: Maximising OSS hits and bracketing - by Rover - 09-27-2022, 05:52 AM
RE: Maximising OSS hits and bracketing - by mst - 09-27-2022, 07:17 AM
RE: Maximising OSS hits and bracketing - by wim - 09-29-2022, 12:14 AM