Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1930's Pre-war Zeiss Bayonet Rangefinder lens on digital?
Rangefinder lenses in fromt of a DSLR can cause trouble. No, they drectly ask for trouble as the flange distance usually is shorter. I didn't read the Wikipedia article in depth, but some "problems with the mirror" occured.

And even if the shutter is still working, the question is, how precise are the times these days?

I know a friend once bought Zeiss Jena glass when it was still made in GDR and he was full of admiration and counted the lines/mm. However. Lens tech has evolved a lot since then, for me going vintage is pointless, but I understand some romantic elder photographers with an urge to admire old tech and some tinkering skils... I like EXIF data, I like AF and I very much like nano-coating.

Of course those lenses can be called sharp. At their time, maybe still today, but the pictures I've seen form a 58 mm Biotar just don't tickle me to get one, that's all.

Messages In This Thread
1930's Pre-war Zeiss Bayonet Rangefinder lens on digital? - by davidmanze - 10-13-2016, 01:07 AM
1930's Pre-war Zeiss Bayonet Rangefinder lens on digital? - by JJ_SO - 10-13-2016, 08:24 AM
1930's Pre-war Zeiss Bayonet Rangefinder lens on digital? - by davidmanze - 10-13-2016, 09:57 AM
1930's Pre-war Zeiss Bayonet Rangefinder lens on digital? - by davidmanze - 10-13-2016, 12:32 PM