Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling my tokina 16-28 f2.8 what ultrawide instead?
Quote:What I think? That that makes no sense at all.

You are someone who does not see the advantage of big apertures (which is fine, just noting that). So the f1.4-ness is lost on you (and you have a 5D which does not excel in focus accuracy with that lens at f1.4 I bet).

You want to get rid of the Tokina 16-28mm f2.8. Why? Because, as you state, it is "heavy and bulky".

In exchange for what? The Sigma 20mm f1.4.

Weight of the Tokina: 950 grams. Length of the Tokina: 133mm. Width of the Tokina: 90mm.

Weight of the Sigma: 950 grams. Length of the Sigma: 130mm. Wight of the Sigma: 91mm.

Yeah, really, That makes no sense at all. The exact same weight and bulk. To exchange the 16-28mm focal range for a single focal length.

Didn't know the Sigma was that bulky.

And don't get me wrong, fast lenses are important but you don't have to shoot portraits at wide open aperture all the time, and APS-C can do well enough for portraits.

Since I am using full frame less and less this lens on my 750D is pointless especially in the presence of 17-55f2.8 IS.

I wanted a fast good prime and that's the one that looked the obvious along with 100 50 and 35mm primes

Messages In This Thread
Selling my tokina 16-28 f2.8 what ultrawide instead? - by toni-a - 09-02-2016, 07:21 PM