Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time
I don't think a slow AF motor is a big problem with a macro lens... BTW, I'm not an expert of macro, but for the kind of macro work I've been doing in the past 18 months I doubt that one can often auto-focus a macro subject without applying manual corrections... Noisy could be a problem? Perhaps... Actually I don't know whether insects are scared by noise. The latest bug I've taken a photo at was a dwarf mantis from 30 cm, she (it was a female) was totally aware of my presence, noise or not, at the point that after a minute of staring at me she attacked the lens and was even capable of stroking the front lens with some karate-like move...

It all boils down to the image quality. I won't dare to interpret the MTF diagram as I demonstrated I'm still incapable of correctly doing that  Rolleyes , but if it's good, it's definitely an interesting lens: compact, light and the price sounds reasonable. 

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time - by Guest - 08-30-2016, 11:21 PM
50mm deluge continues: a Macro this time - by stoppingdown - 08-31-2016, 08:28 AM