Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid question: how safe to carry an expensive lens in a trolley?
Quote:I've seen a trolley from Tamrac (?) with a pretty stable holder for a tripod head.

When I had to carry this big 150-600 Sports, I did it mostly in a ThinkTank GlassLimo. It takes the lens with attached hood and FF body with grip. Like dave says, it's good to carry - I was just very often too lazy to get the lens out and in some situations it was difficult to hold myself and manÅ“uvre the backpack, not to mention fiddle the lens out.  :blink:

So, a trolley has it's advantages. Especially because it stands for itself - if you don't want it to park downhill.

As for the stones: Depending at their size, you could carry the trolley, if it's only short distances over stones. But if there's only stones or sand and not much way, I would opt for backpack.

Tamrac was made for Tarmac?    (tarmacadem road surface)! ....... Strange coincidence the name!

It's all a question of terrain, smooth is good, rough and bumpy makes it a bit of a "palaver"  (no complaints that you don't understand the word now.)     Oh ho har  hoo, Oh what a giggle we have here! Wink  

Messages In This Thread
Stupid question: how safe to carry an expensive lens in a trolley? - by davidmanze - 08-23-2016, 06:37 PM