Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ?
Quote:PD-AF can't overcome focus shift. That alone makes it an inferior concept.

Shutter slap is as present on DSLRs as on mirrorless cameras - take the Nikon D3x or Sony A900 as examples.

The difference is ... modern mirrorless cameras have a full electronic shutter with zero camera-induced vibrations whereas DSLRs remain compromised by the mirror slap till the dawn of their era.

I like EVFs for very good reasons. 

I love EVF's!  They are another drain on the battery, but worth it.  I think it is more than a little ironic that many MILCs came out without them!  Hard to frame a picture when you can't see the view screen outside!  I also find it ironic that in this cutting edge concept of MILC most people got excited because it meant they could use their old lenses.  The SpeedBooster is a whole different story.  That concept is exciting...but really, if the concept is valid why don't companies make lenses that are designed that way by the maker to produce an internally large image circle that is then metabonessed down to a brighter focus that is consistent with the imager size.

After all, a company like Canon can control all of the variables.  They can create the perfect imager size and FFD and metaboner component that will be perfect for each lens designed and not just a one size fits all fix?  Why would you guess Canon doesn't do that?  I can guess why Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, and Olympus aren't. 

I am the the most jealous of the EVF than any other part of the current MILFs!

Messages In This Thread
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by davidmanze - 08-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by wojtt - 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-13-2016, 08:32 AM