Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ?
I'll say this about OVFs.  It's really nice to shoot over 1,000 shots and not have drained the battery.  And for all intents and purposes it will not wear out.

I didn't think of the fact that the CD focus isn't stopping down while focusing.  Interesting!  That still doesn't change the fact that it will get the shot in focus when PD will not.  It does make me wonder why?

But for some types of shooting you will simply not see anything like what your photo is going to look like, because the sensor sees things differently than your eyes.  You can make do with the view screen.  You can even get backs for the camera that convert the screen to a viewfinder (optically).  But the electronic view seems the more critical one.  Lucky DSLR users almost have best of both worlds.

Another revelation!  People actually use histograms?  Wow! 

Messages In This Thread
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by davidmanze - 08-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-07-2016, 12:39 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by wojtt - 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Studor13 - 08-13-2016, 08:07 AM
Do we really need ultra fast lenses for portraits ? - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-13-2016, 08:58 AM