Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autofocus is off on one camera only what to do ?
It's revealing that you say the lens is not focusing on one camera only, and not the camera is having problems with one lens only.  I'm guessing you have more lenses then cameras.  What Brightcolors recommends is the most sure way to get the problem resolved.  On the other hand I think there is some merit to sending the lens back if is not working right, and hold on to your camera.  If it still under warranty...

This is a lens that has a reputation for focus breathing which is not always easy to detect if you only test it wide open.  There is bound to be variation in lens quality.  So, I suppose you could have them adjust it to work on your particular camera body.  That is a sure fire solution.  I'm tempted to think the lens is just off, and let them fix it the old fashioned way.  This might not make sense, but to me, they need to give you a lens that meets your expectations.  You might be too used to lenses like "even your 50, f/1.4" and presumably better.  You may have reached the elite level where this lens simply is not going to be good enough for you.  Sharp and fast, but only if it feels like focusing. 

Just saying. 

Messages In This Thread
Autofocus is off on one camera only what to do ? - by Arthur Macmillan - 08-03-2016, 12:23 AM