Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lightweight decent replacement for canon 24-105L on 5Diii
Quote:A friend of mine has been trying everything almost everything for landscape photography.

He started with 7D plus 15-85 then in quest for a lighter combo moved to EOS M that was quite a disappointment then it was 5Diii with 24-105: Good but Too heavy so he went fuji Fuji and decided he doesn't want mirrorless after trying 2 systems, then it was Nikon APS-C with 16-85: Too slow unresponsive, then 5Diii again.

Now he wants a good zoom lighter than 24-105.

My obvious suggestion was 24-85 but it hard to find, he is considering 28-105 any better suggestions especially with current lenses?

I can't imagine how a recent Nikon APS-C camera with 16-85 DX would be too "unresponsive" for landscape photography. Seriously. I shot a D90 for a while and it was great, except that the sensor was getting old (dynamic range, pixel count, high ISO for night sky). That aside, why bother with a 24-105 for landscapes? 16-35 something is a much more useful range for this. If he needs longer, add a normal prime or a short telephoto.

That said, if I were to start out now, I'd go for a Sony A7r II + Sony 12-24/4.

Messages In This Thread
lightweight decent replacement for canon 24-105L on 5Diii - by BasilG - 12-10-2017, 07:50 AM