Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favourite not-so-trivial camera accessories
Trap focus: Camera triggers right at the moment something becomes in focus under the active focus point.

I made an adapter for my Ultra Micro Nikkor 55mm f2 lens, which is a hight quality old industrial lens with M39 lens thread and is fixed focus. Focussing then is done by moving the whole camera to or from the intended subject, which is not all that easy handheld, to nail focus perfectly. So, I used the electronics of an old and broken Sigma AF lens to make the camera trigger the moment something was in focus.

The accuracy is phenomenal.

Now, on my 6D, magic lantern offers a trap focus function. I can use it with any manual focus lens, or any AF lens set to manual focus.

Another favourite gadget: Infrared remote ordered from ebay for $0.99 including postage. It works fine on my 6D and my EOS M.

Oh, and my Marumi 58mm ND8 filter. Allows me to shoot my 55m f1.2 lenses wide open on sunny days.

Messages In This Thread
Your favourite not-so-trivial camera accessories - by Studor13 - 05-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Your favourite not-so-trivial camera accessories - by Studor13 - 05-26-2016, 05:56 AM
Your favourite not-so-trivial camera accessories - by Brightcolours - 05-26-2016, 07:04 AM