Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had the chance to be the first to test the new Trioplan 100mm 2.8 Lens
  Thank you Klaus!

Just photo-printing paper cut out with scissors and a modeling knife to cut the star, then sprayed black.......placed next to the aperture blades......the rear element unscrews easily masks can be changed whilst out shooting...I've now a few shapes and apertures to try....

.........the effect works best at full aperture when focusing at a couple of meters with water jet/spray three meters or so behind that......unfortunately the Helios has little flare resistance so conditions have to be just right, so best when the sun is soft and low in the sky........

.......otherwise in a straightforward shot nothing happens and things look normal.

I'm waiting for a nice sunset at the model aircraft club where it's flat and open and we have piped water.

If your Canon or M4/3rds the Helios is a no brainer, the cheapest Chinese adapter and your off, it's a great little lens devoid of mechanical worries (after a CLA)

It's the flea market today.........who knows what more optical gems are awaiting........a €10 Trioplan?  

Messages In This Thread
I had the chance to be the first to test the new Trioplan 100mm 2.8 Lens - by davidmanze - 05-01-2016, 06:33 AM