Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test
Quote:Google and Facebook make up their very own "privacy rules" and no user has a real view on what that means. Your data gets sold and gone through and analysed and that is how they ear their money! 

The only company I trust with my info is Apple, they do not earn money from user data (and actively design stuff to protect it).

And so you can use Chrome for... typing letters and mails. Wow. Impressed. No photo processing, no photo editing, no serious video editing, just web browsing and typing.

My data can be backed up in the cloud with a Mac just as easily, only thing is it does not live in the cloud exclusively. So, I can do things when I have no internet access. I can manage files on multiple computers, the cloud and other sites with ease. I have a fully functional computer.

A bit contrived, that Google Chrome is conceptually ahead. I wonder why within Google itself, Apple computers are the standard for employees.
I have no horse in this race but I need to point out that forcing users to be connected all the time (last I checked, the premise of the Chrome OS is that not only user data, but also the software is also stored out there?) seems rather absurd to me. It may seem irrelevant if you're only staying at home with unlimited broadband connection, but when you're out and about (let alone abroad or in a place with no reliable and FREE internet connection), you're SOL. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And for the record - I love the cloud, I back up all my data there (including 400+ GB of photos by now, and more to come), but forcing the user to dwell there [tinfoil hatter rant] seems like a conspiracy between the software makers and the internet providers to extract more connection fees from end users... [/tinfoil hatter rant] Big Grin Or, at the very least, a solution looking for a problem.

Messages In This Thread
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test - by Rover - 04-30-2016, 09:43 AM