Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test
Good practice, stoppingdown.

However, I still hesitate to use ClamXav because I think

1. it will get it's updates of virus signatures later than the PC scanners, therefore it only catches old malware.
  2. why should I waste electric energy for something I never do? I never forward mails with attachments, standard-setting is "forward without attachment". And if I don't know the file extension or am sceptical about, I delete it anyway.
  3. there are some online services to check for viruses, I'll let them do the dirty work.
Klaus, in Europe it is not allowed for any Europe based company to store sensitive data in a country with no European laws applying. I actually don't know much about this, but each article about Cloud-services I read in c't-magazine has some paragraph about this. So, no professional office work in Google cloud. Google can change it's conditions any time, they don't need our okay - which is fine to me because they make their money with their "free" services. That's what makes me suspecting.

I already need a hard-drive for my OS, and I need backup-drives. I'm fine with keeping my backups at home and NOT in a cloud.

Messages In This Thread
PC destroys MAC with the same price on lightroom test - by JJ_SO - 05-03-2016, 09:26 AM