Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR
By "weather-sealed" I mean "specified and declared by it's manufacturer" - which Fuji and Olympus do and Nikon does not. A rubber gasket to me makes no weather sealing. And Nikon doesn't tell anything specific so it's to me a fairytale. I would not bet on my 70-200's "weather sealing", but that Fuji (or as well the Olympus) are a different story.

Also, the Olympus 40-150/2.8 Pro is only slightly lighter and smaller - but the sensor is also smaller. And not that much cheaper. If it comes to price comparisons, there's simply no offering in the 50-150/2.8 APS-C range from Nikon, the 70-200/4 can be that cheap because it's manufactured in China - that's the only reason. And add the (useless, but expensive) collar, you're pretty much in the very same region, but still one full stop slower. YES that counts, and I don't give much to this useless DoF comparisons. DoF is nothing to be calculated exactly and you're operating in a very wobbly field.

Anyway, I didn't read anything about "bad centerring" - do you have the impression that Fuji improved in this matter?

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Fujinon XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR - by JJ_SO - 02-02-2016, 02:46 PM