The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 4.0 for X-E2 - how much of X-E2s is in it?
This thread is about Fuji's ability to upgrade certain hardware just by updating the firmware. As from February, 4th 2016 a new firmware (4.0) will lift a X-E2 with the current version 3.10 to nearly or fully (?) a new X-E2s.

How much will remain hardware-only and how good is the new firmware?

I find it an interesting strategy, especially with regards to sustainability and investment-protection: Instead of forcing a customer to buy a new body and sell the "old" one (after 20 months a case for the bin), just put some customer wishes together, create a new firmware and on you go - for free.

People with higher desires still can get a X-Pro2 (at 3× the price, body only) and get lots of more features. But my reason not to choose the "more professionally looking" X-T1 or X-Pro1 was mainly curiosity when jumping into mirrorless system adventure. First I want to understand what's going on and is this kind of camera working for my ideas? Then I like maybe 2, max 3 lenses as a base. And who knows? Lateron is still enough time to sell a couple of Nikon hardware and get a X-Pro2 or a X-T2 and maybe this cool 100-400 zoom.

If Fujifilm spoils their customers with this tasty desert, Nikon would need some excellent ideas to keep me onboard.

Here's the feature list, nicely explained: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital...ge_08.html

What do I miss? Not much.

Maybe some statements to the "high" ISO 6400 (which is by today's standards lower average, since big boy Nikon already released D5 and D500 with 7 digits of ISO. Was it 3 million? Doesn't matter much to me.

Maybe a statement to the increased sensitivity of the AF, from 2.5 EV to 0.5 EV (still, elsewhere it's -3 EV, a black camera in a very black tunnel...)

But numbers... at Whippells of Manchester they sell gloves and tell me "Don't care about those numbers, sir. If it fits, it fits".

Else than that?

Messages In This Thread
Firmware 4.0 for X-E2 - how much of X-E2s is in it? - by JJ_SO - 01-22-2016, 03:25 PM