Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoPro & Apple ?
Quote:I really don't get this one. With the amount of cash Apple has in the bank they can pretty much do anything, and I'm struggling to see the value in GoPro and how it would fit into Apple.

Apple-Leica I don't think is a match either, more in interface terms.

And I can't see Apple killing mirrorless in any meaningful way. Would they really make it so much better than what's available that everyone dumps what they have and buys in? Not a chance. Before someone pops up with something to the effect of "more photos are taken on iphones than any other device", it will come down to usage expectations and I can't see them fiddling around in higher end imaging as it would be insignificant for them to even try. It would be too niche.
In the olden days, Apple had a knack for making operation of a device so much easier in such an apparent (but apparently totally unapparent) way, but that is not so evident nowadays. With a camera, Apple might oversimplify things, making it ok for snap shooters, but less so for enthusiasts and pro's/artists. Another issue will be lens design/production/line up.

So I agree with popo, I can't see that either.

As to Leica's pricing... Apple's pricing is more like Canon and Nikon (Fuji?). Realistically higher end with good production value and design. Leica's pricing is just bonkers.

Messages In This Thread
GoPro & Apple ? - by Klaus - 12-16-2015, 05:53 AM
GoPro & Apple ? - by Brightcolours - 12-16-2015, 06:31 AM
GoPro & Apple ? - by davidmanze - 12-16-2015, 08:34 AM
GoPro & Apple ? - by Klaus - 12-16-2015, 10:43 AM
GoPro & Apple ? - by JJ_SO - 12-16-2015, 06:36 PM
GoPro & Apple ? - by popo - 12-16-2015, 07:05 PM
GoPro & Apple ? - by Brightcolours - 12-16-2015, 08:54 PM