Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L II corners vs Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 Art corners
Let's not be hasty. As soon as Photozone tests the Sigma we can say more and more sure, how big the difference in reality is. When comparing the predecessor Canon 35 to the Sigma, I see on Sigma's results border and corner performance much closer to centre performance, than the old Canon 35 was able to deliver.

Given the fact of quite huge differences between borders/corners of the new Canon 35 I would not dare to conclude that much of superiority in the outer areas. Bokeh fringing or not, when accurately focused, the Sigma could still be on par.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

When lensrentals compared the new Canon to the competitors, Roger said

“The new Canon lens is clearly and definitely better than the very good lens it replaces, both on and off axis. It is also better, from an MTF standpoint, than the Zeiss 35mm f/1.4. When we look at the average MTF curves, it's a tiny bit better, even, than the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art lens, although the difference is small. The two lenses are very close with the Canon being slightly better off axis (14 to 20mm) at 10 and 20 line pairs frequency. Could you tell the difference in a photograph? I doubt it, they'd be nearly identical. Other things like vignetting, focus accuracy, out of focus highlights, cost, etc., would be much more important to you than this slight MTF difference.”

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2015/09/...mm-f1-4l-i

Messages In This Thread
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L II corners vs Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 Art corners - by JJ_SO - 12-01-2015, 04:05 PM