Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II
I don't think that I have the immediate capacity to do a test of the Sigma.

As mentioned in the other thread - I am, however, considering to abandon the "dead" center analysis in favour of near center.

Honestly I was always a bit uneasy about the dead center because it is heavily dependent on the centering quality - more so than the borders I mean.

When choosing a somewhat more off-center approach, the spread wouldn't be quite as excessive as it is now.

However, honestly speaking the charts make perfect sense to me when thinking about it. The 5Ds R simply illustrates that we have reached a pixel density where scaling effects are no longer taking place at the borders but only in the center.

The charts don't quite look as "pleasing" anymore than before because the spread is extreme. e.g. look at the LW/PH figures at the borders - they aren't so bad really. I mean the numbers.

PS: The dead center is not really in the dead center but very close to it.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II - by Klaus - 12-02-2015, 02:00 AM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II - by davidmanze - 12-26-2015, 01:49 AM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II - by davidmanze - 12-26-2015, 11:57 AM
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 USM L II - by davidmanze - 12-27-2015, 04:32 PM