Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM IS
Quote:I don't see your point and I don't disagree. I just wanted to pint out that technically vignetting is visible, but that in practice it is no real problem as hardly anybody shoots landscape wide-open.

@Klaus: Yeah, I guess you make it right for everybody. What ailed me was that in your summary of the test results you weighed too heavy on the vignetting, which - again! - won't be much of a problem in the real life.

Klaus reported that he objectively measured the highest vignetting in any APS-C test ever (specifically at 11mm * f/4).  You replied that you subjectively disagreed. 

Then you keep prattling on that nobody ever uses f/4 for landscape photography to support your argument that Klaus unfairly remarked about the vignetting even though he clearly and twice remarked:

"Stopping down to f/8 is advisable to reduce the issue to a more manageable degree of ~1EV.  The falloff is [..] quite Ok from f/8 onward. "

"[...] the vignetting is fairly smooth - thus less disturbing - and it's much better at f/8."

And he gave the lens got a very high rating all around.

And it's quite possible that the lens could be used for things OTHER than landscape photography where in practice that vignetting at f/4-f/5.6 is important to the user.  Perhaps it might be important for interiors, etc, etc.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 STM IS - by dave9t5 - 11-23-2015, 08:42 PM