Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NIKON AF-S 105MM F/2.8G ED IF VR MICRO
I have a nikon body D5200.

The micro lens cannot make sharp pictures!

The combo is now by a repair deparment in Holland.

They say we must callibrate the lens??!

Please respond!
If they say "We must calibrate the lens" it means the lens is not within the specs of Nikon. If you got the lens new, it's within the warranty and clibration will cost you nothing. Or did you put the lens to a third party repair enterprise?

What kind of response are you looking for? And btw., an exclamation mark is usually an order or command. I reccomend not to use them when ou try to get one. Responses are free of charge and at least I decide for myself wether I respond or not Wink

Quote:If they say "We must calibrate the lens" it means the lens is not within the specs of Nikon. If you got the lens new, it's within the warranty and calibration will cost you nothing. Or did you put the lens to a third party repair enterprise?

What kind of response are you looking for? And btw., an exclamation mark is usually an order or command. I recommend not to use them when you try to get one. Responses are free of charge and at least I decide for myself whether I respond or not  Wink

Actually JoJu,....just for the record;

Definition of the word exclamation;......A sudden cry or remark expressing surprise, strong emotion, or pain. An exclamation mark follows the cry or remark........... But a question mark would have been more appropriate indeed.

This is not a criticism my friend.

Interesting. If I read "Do it now!" or "At the crossing turn right!" that's meant as a yelling, cry, remark and not as a command / imperative? Had to look up imperative as well  Huh thanks for this impulse  Smile

Quote:They say we must callibrate the lens??!

Eventually, they have done that before and have some experience

in the field of lens calibration. This really depends on whom you gave

your equipment. For the moment, my recommendation is to wait

until you get your equipment back.

BTW: Members of this forum have not always been such narrowminded

nitpickers when it comes to typos an other stylistic errors. Just don't forget

that a good percentage of the people who write here are not native

english speakers (or even pretend to be) ... english is just the least

common denominator.

May be we should just return to the good old days and take a question

for what it is ... even if that requires a bit of reading between the lines.

Quote:Interesting. If I read "Do it now!" or "At the crossing turn right!" that's meant as a yelling, cry, remark and not as a command / imperative? Had to look up imperative as well  Huh thanks for this impulse  Smile
The fact that there is the word "please" means it is a request.  "Do it now!" is an order. "Please do it now" is a request..