Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lytro not going so good, I suppose
We're still a generation used to books, exhibition with printed/painted pictures and we can look at them and see if we're interested at once.

The need to scroll through a second hand experience which looks synthetically and has not much to do with the real impression (think of smell, sound, wind), needs time and is no movie. It's like handing over the decision to the viewer, but denying the quality a decent camera can deliver. No real 3-D, just layers to zoom through? I don't see one single creative idea which can better become reality with a Lytro. But I'm open to suggestions... Mind you, all the virtual models of buildings or even underwater wrecks (the Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior is documented in such a way) - how often do you look at them, walk through artificial landscapes those once you had the "surprising moment"? Video games offer better quality to be a good experience to play.

Progress? Well, per se that's no excuse for keeping people occupied in playing around in a scenery and still don't give them every experience. There are those spheric cameras you can throw up high into the air, there is the Ricoh spherical camera you can take movies with - these types do show more than a Lytro can, at decent quality and sharpness. It's much easier to handle their results instead of the ones of  aLytro - special browser-plugIn, special software and all just for very low quality?

I feel like I'd be asking too much from my viewers.