Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo/Video Led light Panel Leds? Are the leds in the panels the same?
Question is simple. Do photography/videography led light panels use the same led light bulbs[Image: huh.gif]

Do Aperture, Younguo, 1 x 1, Came TV... use the same light bulbs in their led light panels?

Prices vary between 100-300 and 1000-15000 USD for the same size light panels. I know they are different units, cooling, etc. but I am just wondering whether the BASICS of these units are the same: the individual light bulbs...Are the light bulbs the same?

I haven't looked at photographic options, but do encounter a lot of LED systems in my other interest: fish keeping. In short, it varies a lot, and generally if you want "better" LEDs, you have to pay more. The optimisation is a bit different here, where a good light spectrum is more critical for photo/video use, in a similar way to other light sources. Maybe power efficiency is important if you want a portable solution and don't want to be overloaded with power units. CREE are the leaders in the LED "bulbs" but they have a massive range of options which vary in colour, efficiency, and cost. Then you get to others like epiled and lumiled which still offer good performance/cost ratio. And then there are countless other companies too.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter too much who makes the individual LEDs, but the overall design of the system is also important. So best review those and how they fit into your application.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.