Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images?
I can spot a very marginal difference in there.

Without know anything about the exact conditions here, I'd say that this is perfectly normal.

VC/IS/VR/OS/... introduces a minimal degree of jittering. After all you have a "loose" elements that is moved according to the shake. The IS counteraction is performed according to a certain frequency. At the end of the day this means "steps" and whatever motor is used to control the motion it is never perfect.

That being said I have doubts whether this aspect is really relevant in the real life.

The more significant impact from an optical image stabilizer is the introduction of a potentially higher degree of decentering and a reduced long term consistency.

Messages In This Thread
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by Klaus - 10-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-30-2015, 12:37 AM