Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images?
Hmmm.

In my experience the AF-C on Nikon remains quiet when I reactivate contionous AF no matter, what's happening or if the camera's mounted on tripod or not when I turn the aperture wheel. Also, when I stop AF and refocus again, I always hear a sound - and the focus scale / ring is moving a fraction. I must say, impressive you see that - if I recall correctly, the focus scale and ring is quite dense on the Tamron: 0.29____0.5___0.7__1.1_3 ∞ (had to look that up). Hard to see movement between 3 m and âˆž.

Edit: As for selling your Pentax gear: It was an easy way to go for me, I never grew to the K-m and K-x. Cheap ffeling plastic stuff, I never looked back. With K-3 and K-5 I wouldn't feel so easy about, but at the other hand: Although I like some of the features of the new FF Pentax and would go for a new body with those appearing in a Nikon (the very special tilting LCD, U1...U5(!) and the wheel with some menu settings on top of it) I would not go back to Pentax anymore. Lenses are limited and I recall some manufacturers stopping to offer interesting lenses in K-mount.

Messages In This Thread
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 07:07 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by JJ_SO - 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-29-2015, 11:09 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Tamron VC - switching off VC makes for sharper images? - by davidmanze - 10-30-2015, 12:37 AM