Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of suggestions
Before I reply to your suggestions, first of all: welcome to the forum, and thanks for your kind words Smile

We tried several attempts to measure the effectiveness of optical stabilization in the past, but none of our ideas really worked or gave reliable and repeatable results. The amount of effort we would have to put into creating a test setup that actually delivers results would be huge, and still the result would be questionable, since the effectiveness of stabilization (optical or in-body) always also depends on the shooter and his/her shaking movements.
That's why instead we usually mention the claimed gain on the first page, as well as our impression from shooting with the lens.

Concerning t-stops: just like BC above, I don't see an easy way to measure it. Finding a reliable constant light source would probably already be the first difficult step to master.
And in addition: I question the motivation to get such a fast lens, at least the way you described it. Because besides the possibly lower than expected gain of usability in low light, a buyer of such a fast lens might also come to the (maybe unexpected) conclusion, that at f/1.2 or f/1.4 such a thing as depth of field exists even on m43 Wink And personally I think excessive noise is easier to fix in post-processing than lack of focus, if needed.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
A couple of suggestions - by Guest - 11-07-2017, 03:32 PM
A couple of suggestions - by Brightcolours - 11-08-2017, 05:55 AM
A couple of suggestions - by mst - 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
A couple of suggestions - by JJ_SO - 11-08-2017, 09:55 AM
A couple of suggestions - by Brightcolours - 11-08-2017, 10:00 AM
A couple of suggestions - by Guest - 11-08-2017, 12:55 PM