Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back home
Quote:Pity the em5-2 turned into a dog. Curious how the evf on the em5-2 compares to the xt10 and xt1 (i know you have used the xt1 not sure if you have tried the xt10 which is similar size to the em5-2). Btw I have an em5 but passed on the em1 and em5-ii because i prefer the evf on the em5 (though most people seem to prefer the em1) but I am considering xt-10 since i prefer the native aspect ratio. One comment is that when I have played with xt10/xt1 the xt1 is much easier to focus (manually). Not sure why but I cannot get the xt10 to give as much foreground/background info with manual focus (I'm takling about the colour highlighting - on the xt1 it is very visible but on the xt10 it is very faint/shallow).

The X-T1's viewfinder is more contrasty IMHO and it's pretty much instantly up.
Quote:Front caps which detach themselves, have had two of those. 1st was the Tokina 12-24mm f4 DX. Crap cap, and Tokina is not the best lens builder.

And then the Voigtländer 20mm SL II N. Very nice little lens, very irritating lens cap. Replaced it with a Canon labeled 3rd party cap from eBay for probably $0.99.

On beers, lately I am into good Belgian fruit beers, some other belgian beers like Affligem Dubbel (double) or Gauloise Ambree. And German  Hefe Weisse (or Weizen) Dunkel (favorites till now Zötler and Franziskaner), and the lovely smooth Kapuziner Weißbier.

I like a dark cherry Belgium beer like a Kasteel Rouge or a Delirium Red:

https://instagram.com/p/UOYfyTxa-4/

https://instagram.com/p/7k3j1BRa7j/

(the Tripel Karmaliet is great too!)

Quote: 

<blockquote>
<div>
<div style="margin:0px auto -44px;"> 

. . . Circular References . . .

<p style="color:rgb(201,200,205);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;text-align:center;">A photo posted by David Anthony (@dave9t5) on

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:38am PST</div>

</div>
</blockquote>
Kasteel Rouge, not bad Wink
Indeed, Karmeliet tripel is a nice beer too. On red fruit beers Liefmans Cuvee Brut is a very good cherry beer too, with more complex flavors. Even Leffe Ruby is very drinkable!

So the beer culture is going down the drain as well in Europe.   Tongue

Quote:So the beer culture is going down the drain as well in Europe.   Tongue
What can I say...I like beer that tastes like Dr. Pepper !
MMMMM.. Dr. Pepper Cherry Zero!