Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys!
Quote:The fringing is also present at the left side of the picture.  Sad I could say, I've seen worse from other 20 mm / 24 mm

The lens correction in PP is OFF per default. I'd need to see the settings, because I don't have any experience with the camera so far. I played witrh the correction yesterday again. It's effective but not affecting all faulty parts. And it takes extra time to perform which may be the reason of the default setting. However, CEO Yamaki appears to be aware of the problems with the software.

Iridient developer does a much faster job, but it's UI is a bit console like and I'm missing the fill light which is powerful yet delicate to use. Affinity Photo also opens X3F files but shows a colour gradient - and after that three, there's nada in RAW processing. One of the numberous disadvantages of Foveon sensors. So, it's a good thing the cameras are no 15 fps machineguns  <_< Coming home with "only" 300 pictures can be as time-consuming to work on as 3× FF RAWs. I understand everybody not willing to go through this. But looking on a metal facia and seeing the little nuts, tracks of rust sometimes equilibrates all the waiting.
Im not talking about the CA, when I mentioned the purple on the right. I am talking about the purple pattern/blotches in that bush, huge purple blobs, very weird!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Can't see blotches, sorry. Purple borders on some leaves, but no blotches.

If you can't see them on the crop I posted above, your screen has issues (of calibration or just capability nature)...

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I enhanced the issue a little, so you can see where the odd "purple" blotches appear.

Letting one of the Nik Color Efex "infrared" settings change the colours, lets the odd purple patches appear in clear blue (for you to see it is there indeed).

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

The screen I use in the office is calibrated - but admittedly no high-end wide gamma type. So maybe you consider looking for a problem with your screen  Wink However, even if I can't see them, I could show some samples with massive color cast in direct sunlight. And the fog is bright, so I still don't see anything here on this windows machine and will check later on my Mac.

Quote:Can't see blotches, sorry. Purple borders on some leaves, but no blotches.
They are there all right, vague stains,  but I've seen on "The Camera Store" video problems they have had with strange colour effects with the Quatro!
Sorry to use your thread for debating Sigma dp 0 or dp 1 stuff. First: I would be mad to use any Sigma camera for video - that's pointless.

Second: talking of "blotches", I just want to be sure you mean these stuff here:

[Image: i-Skqt5Np-L.jpg]

At 500% enlargement

at f/4 = wide open

in the top right corner

Please, any of the flaw seekers, deliver a picture with a 21 mm FF lens at f/4 in backlight or better, a 14 mm lens APSC at f/4. I checked my library, but could not find an f/4 at 14 or 21 mm which was absolutely free of purple in the corners - plus, definitively less sharp.

Backlit. Top left or right. I'm looking forward to it. Also, to the master of printing these "blotches".  Rolleyes

Now, the diff between lens profile ON/OFF, best visible with a DP1 (19 mm), because that's the weakest lens of the old Merrill series:

[Image: i-pNJWZbr-L.jpg]

Full res here

Here's ON

[Image: i-dWTLq73-L.jpg]

And here's OFF

[Image: i-7KC7wXG-L.jpg]

Noticeable and visible - but no big deal. I suspect, it was OFF at the sample picture.

What I like is that kind of stuff:
[Image: i-3Wgq2vk-L.jpg]

And the 100% crop

[Image: i-ZXNP3LM.jpg]

Anybody calling it "fake sharpness" is highly welcome to show "true sharpness".

Come on already,. posted crops that you can see, right? So look at the original crop, to locate the very weird blotches. I also posted one with the colour made a tad stronger, and one with the colours changed in a standard way, which show the blotches in blue, might your screens be so bad that somehow  you don't see the purple blotches (or has a colour blindness).

Quote:Sorry to use your thread for debating Sigma dp 0 or dp 1 stuff. First: I would be mad to use any Sigma camera for video - that's pointless.

Second: talking of "blotches", I just want to be sure you mean these stuff here:

[Image: i-Skqt5Np-L.jpg]

At 500% enlargement

at f/4 = wide open

in the top right corner

Please, any of the flaw seekers, deliver a picture with a 21 mm FF lens at f/4 in backlight or better, a 14 mm lens APSC at f/4. I checked my library, but could not find an f/4 at 14 or 21 mm which was absolutely free of purple in the corners - plus, definitively less sharp.

Backlit. Top left or right. I'm looking forward to it. Also, to the master of printing these "blotches".  Rolleyes

Now, the diff between lens profile ON/OFF, best visible with a DP1 (19 mm), because that's the weakest lens of the old Merrill series:

[Image: i-pNJWZbr-L.jpg]

Full res here

Here's ON

[Image: i-dWTLq73-L.jpg]

And here's OFF

[Image: i-7KC7wXG-L.jpg]

<div> 
Noticeable and visible - but no big deal. I suspect, it was OFF at the sample picture.

What I like is that kind of stuff:
[Image: i-3Wgq2vk-L.jpg]

And the 100% crop

[Image: i-ZXNP3LM.jpg]

Anybody calling it "fake sharpness" is highly welcome to show "true sharpness".

</div>
Not only fake sharpeness, also false detail. Don't you see the bad moire and colour moire?

Don't you see you're plain incapable to deliver something better wit your stuff? At least I discovered your screenshot. Confusing shadow areas in fog situation with purple blotches is just too stupid to debate any longer.

Deliver something better with your Voigtländer and 6D, might be a good way to start to get used to the lens - or just shut up.

Ok you are being silly. Indeed no reason to try to have a normal conversation with you. I saw very odd purple blotches, and wonder whether they are from the camera, from Foveon sensors standard, or from the RAW conversion. Since you don't want to shed light on that, never mind.

I guess you also do not see the bad moire in the image crop you posted.

This image shows similarly odd grey green and grey purple road surface, I suspect it may be the same issue.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/sgv...ry_010.jpg

I can see the effect described by BC, but only after it was pointed out, so that I knew what to look for. On first glance I didn't see anything with either picture. It is very subtle. Note my monitor is a full sRGB gamut one. I don't know if it would be much different if I used my old AdobeRGB model.

I'd describe the effect as like processing when you didn't quite have enough data to start with, or you reduced the data too much somewhere.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.