Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys!
Revised findings;

When clicking on "your posted square" Brightcolours, I can see the slight purple colourations in the bushes, but hardly anything from the image on the site,  when I say hardly I mean a hell of a lot less!   However, I can see slight purple lens flare in the middle of the image.

This sort of high contrast image can bring out the worst in a sensor, learning as I did from the banding issue in the shadows with the Nikon D7100, I had read about it and soon came across it when forcing the shadows, I never had that problem with the K3 (similar but not the same sensor)  Nonetheless the D7100 produces excellent IQ.

I've found another weakness from the D750 sensor, overdose "clarity" in RAW to an image produces  jaggies around bright white subjects, in this case an egret, quite horrible ones, easily seen even at 30%, but none anywhere else, I've never seen that from the D7100.  

Different camera different PP!

From what I can gather the Quatro's sensor has it's caprices, apparently it's sensitive to overexposure, maybe why the images are exposed for the bright areas leaving darker than normal shadows, it's then a question of walking a stealthy path in PP and not treading on it's weaker areas. It's quite clear it's capable of producing very stunning images!  

It would be interesting to know what the dynamic range is, if DXO would ever get round to testing the sensor.

To be clear: I'm not saying those Foveons are without flaws under all conditions. Dynamics are poor, backlight behaviour can ruin a whole picture when shooting into direct sun. But to look at a picture and just for the sake of it find a tiny color drift in shadow areas, calling them blotches and owning a Camera brand only to well known for banding sensors is just as pathetic as ridiculous. The only excuse: he doesn't know better.

I haven't seen any great pictures of BC in the whole time I've been a member of this forum but sitting there and mouthing around, trying always to find negative sides on other people's stuff - how negative a person can be? So, I tried again to talk to him like a normal person, but it's no point.

DxO will not test Foveons. Like Adobe they are dedicated to Bayer pattern sensors only. Also, it's no point debating about Foveons - those sensors shine in few disciplines. If one can manage to avoid the risky sides it's possible to get outstanding pictures of some sceneries. However, the cameras to me are "only" an extension of another system, I would not rely on them exclusively. Processing time of a picture is much longer than of other cameras and so far I haven't found a workaround to look and select the JPGs out of the camera and work with RAW, making JPG and RAW a couple like RAW and XMP. I'm just saying the dp 0 comes at a price other companies can't make the lens alone.

Quote:To be clear: I'm not saying those Foveons are without flaws under all conditions. Dynamics are poor, backlight behaviour can ruin a whole picture when shooting into direct sun. But to look at a picture and just for the sake of it find a tiny color drift in shadow areas, calling them blotches and owning a Camera brand only to well known for banding sensors is just as pathetic as ridiculous. The only excuse: he doesn't know better.

I haven't seen any great pictures of BC in the whole time I've been a member of this forum but sitting there and mouthing around, trying always to find negative sides on other people's stuff - how negative a person can be? So, I tried again to talk to him like a normal person, but it's no point.

DxO will not test Foveons. Like Adobe they are dedicated to Bayer pattern sensors only. Also, it's no point debating about Foveons - those sensors shine in few disciplines. If one can manage to avoid the risky sides it's possible to get outstanding pictures of some sceneries. However, the cameras to me are "only" an extension of another system, I would not rely on them exclusively. Processing time of a picture is much longer than of other cameras and so far I haven't found a workaround to look and select the JPGs out of the camera and work with RAW, making JPG and RAW a couple like RAW and XMP. I'm just saying the dp 0 comes at a price other companies can't make the lens alone.
You are such a horrible person on here, JoJu. Not just to me. Always this very negative and nasty slant in your posts.

You posted a link to this new Sigma 14mm lensed camera, and I took an interest to that link and looked around to see what that camera produces. I then noticed something very odd in one of the images, and posted a crop, wondering what would produce that effect.

Was that about "someone's stuff?" Of course not, you nasty, nasty guy. It was about a problem with this particular Sigma camera, and from a photo in Sigma's publicity about this camera.

Then you post an image to how me just how great the output from Sigma cameras is, telling me to do better with my 6D and 21mm lens. Sigh. An image riddled with aliasing problems, a poster child against AA-less sensors. 

Again, nothing agains anyone's "stuff.

But you, you always get nasty.

"I haven't seen any great pictures of BC in the whole time I've been a member of this forum but sitting there and mouthing around" How nasty (and stupid) can one get?

Luckily I am not insecure about my photography, and know that I make some good photographs at times. Otherwise you nasty nonsense might actually do some real hurt. 
Quote:Revised findings;

When clicking on "your posted square" Brightcolours, I can see the slight purple colourations in the bushes, but hardly anything from the image on the site,  when I say hardly I mean a hell of a lot less!   However, I can see slight purple lens flare in the middle of the image.

This sort of high contrast image can bring out the worst in a sensor, learning as I did from the banding issue in the shadows with the Nikon D7100, I had read about it and soon came across it when forcing the shadows, I never had that problem with the K3 (similar but not the same sensor)  Nonetheless the D7100 produces excellent IQ.

I've found another weakness from the D750 sensor, overdose "clarity" in RAW to an image produces  jaggies around bright white subjects, in this case an egret, quite horrible ones, easily seen even at 30%, but none anywhere else, I've never seen that from the D7100.  

Different camera different PP!

From what I can gather the Quatro's sensor has it's caprices, apparently it's sensitive to overexposure, maybe why the images are exposed for the bright areas leaving darker than normal shadows, it's then a question of walking a stealthy path in PP and not treading on it's weaker areas. It's quite clear it's capable of producing very stunning images!  

It would be interesting to know what the dynamic range is, if DXO would ever get round to testing the sensor.
I do not know how it can be that you see the effect less on the image itself, Dave. I just did a small screen grab with my Mac and posted the resulting PNG.
Quote:I do not know how it can be that you see the effect less on the image itself, Dave. I just did a small screen grab with my Mac and posted the resulting PNG.

I haven't a clue either, but I did spend some minutes comparing..........maybe compression reared it's ugly head.

I try to bring a little lightheartedness to the site..........hence this thread.........and some of my other jokey nonsense!

Sometimes it's prudent to stand back and wait 15 minutes before clicking on the post button, it would have served well here!

Edit:  I have since restudied the official Sigma image and cannot see any tangible purple artifacts!

Sorry Dave, just tired of the constant personal attacks from him, and always making out as if I write nonsense all the time. It is not ok.