Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys!
Come on already,. posted crops that you can see, right? So look at the original crop, to locate the very weird blotches. I also posted one with the colour made a tad stronger, and one with the colours changed in a standard way, which show the blotches in blue, might your screens be so bad that somehow  you don't see the purple blotches (or has a colour blindness).

Quote:Sorry to use your thread for debating Sigma dp 0 or dp 1 stuff. First: I would be mad to use any Sigma camera for video - that's pointless.

Second: talking of "blotches", I just want to be sure you mean these stuff here:

[Image: i-Skqt5Np-L.jpg]

At 500% enlargement

at f/4 = wide open

in the top right corner

Please, any of the flaw seekers, deliver a picture with a 21 mm FF lens at f/4 in backlight or better, a 14 mm lens APSC at f/4. I checked my library, but could not find an f/4 at 14 or 21 mm which was absolutely free of purple in the corners - plus, definitively less sharp.

Backlit. Top left or right. I'm looking forward to it. Also, to the master of printing these "blotches".  Rolleyes

Now, the diff between lens profile ON/OFF, best visible with a DP1 (19 mm), because that's the weakest lens of the old Merrill series:

[Image: i-pNJWZbr-L.jpg]

Full res here

Here's ON

[Image: i-dWTLq73-L.jpg]

And here's OFF

[Image: i-7KC7wXG-L.jpg]

<div> 
Noticeable and visible - but no big deal. I suspect, it was OFF at the sample picture.

What I like is that kind of stuff:
[Image: i-3Wgq2vk-L.jpg]

And the 100% crop

[Image: i-ZXNP3LM.jpg]

Anybody calling it "fake sharpness" is highly welcome to show "true sharpness".

</div>
Not only fake sharpeness, also false detail. Don't you see the bad moire and colour moire?

Messages In This Thread
I thought I was going to make it but I'm being sucked in again. Help me guys! - by Brightcolours - 09-14-2015, 06:34 PM