Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tamron twins: 35/1.8 and 45/1.8
The 45/1.8 gets the third major review, this time by Lenstip.

http://www.lenstip.com/454.1-Lens_review-Tamron_SP_45_mm_f_1.8_Di_VC_USD_review.html 

For some reason, the 35/1.8 gets the short stick just like on SLRGear. But hopefully a review isn't too far off. I don't complain because I'm more interested in the 45 than the 35.

And now the 35mm. It looks very good.
Yeah. I also think for some reason that the 35/1.8 is on my personal "top 5 aesthetically pleasing lenses" list.

In most shots I have seen the 35mm did render pretty nicely, but in some it does show that it is not a bokeh wonder after all. 

What is more worrisome is are some accounts of slow starting of AF on Canon bodies? I'd have to try it in a store before deciding to get one.

Quote:In most shots I have seen the 35mm did render pretty nicely, but in some it does show that it is not a bokeh wonder after all. 

What is more worrisome is are some accounts of slow starting of AF on Canon bodies? I'd have to try it in a store before deciding to get one.
I mean not the way the lens draws, but the exterior look of the lens itself.  Wink

If I get my hands on one of the Tamrons someday, I'll try them out. Though AF speed may be dependent on camera body as well...