Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma
Let me clarify concepts : When we talk about sharpness what we mean is the amount of details in the picture, not how much a picture looks sharp.

Obviously the more details the more the picture will look sharp. However you can make the picture look sharp however plenty of software have algorithms for detecting edges and apply local adjustments so the picture looks sharper to your eyes.

Typically all lower end cameras and phone cameras apply very aggressive sharpening pro cameras do much less.

Sharpening is like adding salt to food, it makes it better however you can't take out salt but you can add as much as you want. If you overdo it, you ruin your picture. That's why pro cameras are more conservative about applying software sharpening however they yield plenty of details far more than Lower end cameras

Messages In This Thread
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Mihai - 08-30-2015, 11:40 PM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Scythels - 08-31-2015, 01:32 AM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by toni-a - 09-01-2015, 05:25 PM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by davidmanze - 09-01-2015, 06:59 PM
The sharpest image I will ever get and a dilemma - by Mihai - 09-04-2015, 10:30 PM