Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000
A couple of times I was tempted to try the Nikon CX. With their genuine 70-300 it comes close to light weight solution and is supposed to be reasonably fast. However, if you think about 1,9 kg Sigma or Tamron I don't see much of a reduced weight. Or size. Yesterday I saw a rucksack big enough for the Sports version with attached lenshood. On second look I thought "really big enough??", doubted and left it in the shop.

Also, when I put it on Gimbal head I realize some axial play in the mount, even more so with a converter. An additional adapter plus the smallish A6000? Everything is alright, I'm sure, but it feels kind of wobbly.

The Nikon 300/4 PF E is now in my bag. More often than the Sigma, for which I only have a big bag but none to carry around while walking. But I'm still doubting if the VR fix a couple of months ago worked out. There are taboo-shutterpeeds, still. And it is bloody expensive, too, while not remarkably better performing at 300 mm than the Sigma - that's what I think today with the extra thought "but maybe it's the photographer who should learn how to use it?".

Anyway, I used it in dim light and it worked out well, so my complaints should focus on my skills more than on the lens.

Messages In This Thread
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 07:23 AM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by JJ_SO - 08-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Ok, so let's discuss of long tele options for the A6000 - by davidmanze - 08-30-2015, 11:27 PM