Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go?
Quote:Well, that lens is the A-mount version, released since a few time. I'm referring to the FE-mount version, which is missing.

Well, I don't think so. All the competitors offer long lenses, both MFT (already) and Fuji (announced); note that I'm not necessarily referring to light and small lenses, since I think it has been reasonably debated that mirrorless/APS-C doesn't give any particular advantage in this area. In fact I'm referring to FE mount, that Sony has declared it wants to develop. FE-mount is aimed to become a complete system (and I don't think how it could be successful if it wasn't a complete system), thus it can't miss any kind of lens. I don't think that requiring an adapter to A-mount (which is legacy, even though supported) makes sense beyond being a temporary workaround.
It was the A-mount version 2 that was talked about in 2013. There was never a FE mount 70-400mm in the cards/books/stars.. How could a 70-400mm FE lens be called G2, when there never was a G in the 1st place for it to replace it?

For the FE to be successful in big tele, it needs a bigger beefier body to handle too. By the way, "Sony" said they want to be number one in FF. Not specifically FE. So, who knows what they were actually talking about in those statements.

Messages In This Thread
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Brightcolours - 08-19-2015, 10:55 AM
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Guest - 08-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Guest - 08-27-2015, 06:57 AM