Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go?
Quote:The name "... G2" was used by Sony Alpha Rumors. Anyway I don't think it matters a lot how the lens was to be called, but the fact that the lens never appeared. Of course, after such a long time one can say that the rumor was wrong, anyway I don't want either to discuss the reliability of SAR - the point is that there's lack of long lenses for the FE mount. Frankly I don't understand how Sony could aim at becoming #1 in FF with the A-mount, that has been around for such a long time and never became #1. Usually one aims in changing the market with innovative products, not legacy ones.
SAR was wrong in predicting the rumoured 70-400mm would be a FE lens, it was merely a small non-optical update of the A-mount lens (better AF).

One should aim to become number 1 with products that are actually competitive and somehow have an edge. Thinking that small mirrorless cameras can be competitive in professional work is a bit odd. They have bad ergonomics, bad battery life, EVF's still have major issues in certain situations. Just making the A mount 70-400mm tele zoom an FE mount lens does not make a competitive line-up. Mirrorless is nice for just a certain group of photographers and hobbyists, in the current state of things. I never get the "hate" for mirrors many seem to have anyway.

Messages In This Thread
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Brightcolours - 08-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Guest - 08-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Where did all the long lenses for FE mount go? - by Guest - 08-27-2015, 06:57 AM